First I sat on the step to get used to the water, just like I sit in my pool and in the tub.
I splashed for a few minutes.
I splashed for a few minutes.
Next, I sat on a mat and floated around in the pool.
Finally, I went in my cool floatie. I LOVE that thing. I kicked my legs like crazy! It was a BLAST!!
Then on Friday, mommy took me swimming again. I wore my Auntie Jess' swimsuit from when she was my age. Can you believe it?!?
Friday night, we had a barbecue at our house with lots of friends. Because Mommy took me swimming again that day, I was a little tired and went to bed SUPER early (5:30pm). She woke me up at 9:00 to watch some fireworks (Bloomington always does their fireworks on the 3rd). I quickly discovered that I DON'T like fireworks. They are too loud!! Mommy took me inside and we played and I went right back to sleep.
Saturday morning we got up early and drove to Sugar Lake. We met my cousins, Grammy and Poppa, and Uncle Peter and Auntie Ali at the local town for the carnival and parade. It was so much fun. I liked listening to the band that played.
This was my 4th of July outfit.
My shirt says "All American Girl" and I wore leggings and a jean skirt!
This is me at the parade.
This is me with my cousin Maryn!
After the parade we went to the park and played.
I started out on the swing with Daddy.
Then, I went on the swing by myself.
Finally, I went on the swing with my cousin, Brynn.

Then, I went on the swing by myself.
Finally, I went on the swing with my cousin, Brynn.
After the swings, I went onto the slide.
Don't worry, I didn't go down by myself.
Daddy went down with me.
Don't worry, I didn't go down by myself.
Daddy went down with me.
After the park we went to the carnival and went on a few rides. They were so much fun, except for the big yellow slide, that was a little too big and fast for me.
The second ride I went on was the big yellow slide.
Check out the video below.
The last ride I went on was with Mommy.
We went on a train.
After the carnival we went back to the cabin and played.
We went on another pontoon ride.
This was taken right before I put on that awful life jacket.
I hate that thing!
This was taken right before I put on that awful life jacket.
I hate that thing!
I don't like the lake yet. It's too cold.
I also don't really like playing in the sand.
It feels so funny!
It was sure fun having someone to play with early in the morning.
That was the best week ever!!!!
I don't like that big yellow slide either, Abby! Or high dives, for that matter -- someday when you're a little older, I'll tell you that story. In the meantime, glad you're enjoying my bathing suit! Take good care of it! :-) Love, Auntie JEss
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute that you got her up for fireworks. Too bad she didn't like them - maybe next year! Eisely also went on a giant slide this weekend - and I took a vide of it. That's such a random thing for our little girls to have both done on the same weekend. So fun!
ReplyDeleteI just love these pictures! Abby is such a darling, as are her parents and grandmother!
ReplyDelete